Forgot My I-20 / DS-2019

OOPS! I forgot my I-20 or DS-2019! or I forgot to get a travel signature on my I-20 or DS-2019!

If you have left the US and are now realizing that you do not have a valid travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019, or you forgot your I-20 / DS-2019 altogether, we can send you a new copy of your current form with an updated travel signature whereever you are in the world.  Read "not enough time" below if you are traveling back to the US too soon to receive a new copy of your I-20.  Please fill in the request form now to have us send you a new copy of your I-20/DS-2019.  Please NOTE: This is not the form to use if you are needing a new I-20 to APPLY for OPT--the OPT request form is linked here.

Regular Mail or Express

We will send you your new form by regular mail on the next business day after you submit this form. If you want us to use an express mail company to send the form to you, please follow the directions linked here. We cannot charge your bursar account for express charges.

Not Enough Time?

If you are traveling back to the US too soon for us to get a new form to you (faxed and scanned forms are not legal documents so we cannot get them to you that way), don't panic! When you reach the port of entry, explain to the port of entry officer that you forgot your I-20 or DS-2019, and can the officer please let you in to the US with an "I-515." The "I-515" will allow you entry in to the US in F1 or J1 status for 30 days. If you get an I-515 at the port, come in to the ISSO once you arrive back in Ithaca and we will help you complete the requirements.

Fill out the request form to have us send a new I-20 or DS-2019 to you!

Applying for OPT? You need to go to the OPT I-20 request page.