Inviting Family

While you are studying at Cornell, you may want to bring your family with you for the whole period of study, or you may want to invite family or friends to come for a shorter visit, such as for graduation. Here is information on how your family and friends can visit you.

Spouse and Children

Your spouse and children will need to apply for a "dependent" visa such as F2 or J2.

Family Members (other than spouse and children) and Friends

Family members and friends must come on tourist visas and are not eligible for F2 and J2 dependent visas.