Waiver for Non-Academic Positions

Cornell will file immigration petitions only for academic positions. In almost all cases, these positions require a PhD degree. See the list of approved academic titles. In rare cases, Cornell may waive this policy for H1B workers or occasionally J1 Exchange Visitors. If you would like to apply for a waiver for a non-academic position, you may complete the Waiver for Non-Academic Position Application.