Information on Banking, Financial Aid, Social Security Numbers, ITINs, & US Taxes


Information on navigating the US banking system and local banking resources in Ithaca.

Financial Aid

We have gathered some resources from within Cornell and outside of Cornell on financial aid sources for undergraduates, graduate and professional students.

Social Security Numbers

We explain the basics of the use of the social security number (SSN) in the US, and how to get one.

Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN)

When you are not eligible for an SSN, but have to file tax returns, you need an ITIN. We explain how you will get one.

US Tax System and How to File

We provide a great deal of information on navigating the US tax system, as well as providing software every year to help you complete the tax filing procedures.